Parking in Newcastle – 5 Cheapest Spots
Are you sick of forking out money every day for parking in Newcastle CBD? Little did you know there are FREE car parks!
Here are the 5 cheapest places for parking in Newcastle CBD:
1. Newcomen Street, The Hill, Newcastle NSW 2300, provides FREE parking.
2. Horseshoe Beach Car park at Horseshoe Bend Road, Newcastle East NSW 2300, provides FREE parking; the walk into the CBD is roughly 20 minutes.
3. Railway Street, Cooks Hill 2300, provides FREE parking. Pick up a quality coffee on Darby Street as you walk into the CBD. It’s just a 20-minute walk down to the new Newcastle courthouse. Make sure you get in early because spots fill up quick!
4. Civic Car Park, Queen Street, Newcastle NSW 2300. Rates include; 1 Hour $4.00, Max $7.00 Monday – Sunday (9am-5pm) and FREE outside these hours.
5. Marketown Shopping Centre, 23 Steele Street, Newcastle West NSW 2303. This car park is a little further from the CBD, approximately a 40-minute walk. FREE parking up to 3 hours, and a flat rate of $5.00 Monday –Sunday (7am-9pm).
We recommend you have a quick look on parkopedia.com/free/newcastle/parking/ when looking for parking in Newcastle. The website will show you a map with the available parking options around you, exactly how many parking spaces are left and the cost of parking there. You can even read reviews and the website can take you through a virtual street view.