How can the solicitors at Butlers help as you intellectual property lawyers?
Our solicitors are highly experienced in intellectual property law and act for clients in a variety of industries.
We can assist in the following areas:
Brand protection – our solicitors can help you protect your unique brand and image from competitors both in Australia and overseas.
- Conduct searches and register trademarks and designs
- Advise on products and images
- Conduct an intellectual property audit to assess the level of protection of your current intellectual property portfolio
- Draft or review agreements to protect intellectual property, such as non-disclosure agreements and agreements with independent contractors
- Review intellectual property protection before a business sale
- Oppose the registration of a similar trademark by a competitor
Enforcement and recovery – we assist businesses and individuals enforce their intellectual property rights against infringing parties. We do this through negotiations, and, if necessary, litigation. We have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Stopping infringing parties from using your intellectual property without your permission
- Seeking compensation for you for unauthorised use of your intellectual property
Commercial advice – we help individuals and businesses ensure that they are getting the most out of their intellectual property. We advise clients on privacy, strategic licencing and can provide advice on franchising.
Contact our experienced team of solicitors for assistance in protecting, maintaining or defending your intellectual property rights.