What is Insolvency Law?
Insolvency law plays an important role in balancing the interests of creditors, debtors, and shareholders. It is largely governed by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), an extremely lengthy and comprehensive statute that can be difficult to navigate. In combining this with the daunting and sensitive tasks often associated with insolvency matters, the support of an expert legal team can make all the difference.
We advise on your rights with regards to possession, occupation, and liens, and prepare the required documents for administration, liquidation, receivership, or bankruptcy. These are not small nor simple matters, and we set out your rights and responsibilities clearly, while putting you in the best possible position during this demanding time.
What can Butlers Business Lawyers do for you?
Our skilled solicitors can:
- Recover debts and preferential payments
- Seek court orders for liquidation purposes, including receivership and management needs
- Develop contracts and deeds for business and asset sales, bankruptcy, administration, liquidation, and receivership
- Provide advice on liens, occupation, and possession, as well as uncommercial transactions
- Apply the PPSA, and Corporations Act to your circumstances
- Manage claims for insolvent trading