Employment lawyers providing expert advice on all matters of employment, unfair dismissal and restraint of trade to businesses.
You can count on Butlers Business Employment Lawyers for expert legal advice and representation across all categories of employment law, including unfair dismissal, restraint of trade and employment contracts.
What is Employment Law?
Employment law is a system of rules that regulates the conduct between employers, employees, contractors and volunteers. These rules which provide a range of workplace rights and obligation covered largely by the Fair Work Act, but can also be set out in awards, registered agreements and employment contracts.
Many employers face a range of employment law issues such as disputes over unfair dismissal, termination of employment, discrimination and harassment, restraint of trade and insurance claims.
It is important employers are aware of their obligations and have prepared enforceable employment contracts to ensure they are protecting their business and upholding these obligations.
Why should you come to us as your employment lawyers?
The solicitors at Butlers Business Lawyers provide expert legal advice and can act as your representative through all stages of the employment relationship. That means it’s never too early to come to us, whether you’re a new business seeking professionally drafted employment contracts to protect your business from litigation or need expert defence against an unfair dismissal suit. As employment lawyers, we handle a range of employment law matters.
How can we help?
Whether you need advice, employment contracts and legal materials drafted by professionals, or legal representation across a range of issues, our experienced team of solicitors can help you through every aspect of employment law, such as:
- Employment agreements
- Making unfair dismissal claims
- Defending unfair dismissal claims
- Negotiating enterprise agreements
- Enterprise agreement approval
- Terminating employees
- Restraints of trade
- Discrimination and unlawful termination
- Award interpretation and application
- Fair Work Commission proceeding
- Employment disputes
We know that terminating employment can be a stressful time for everyone involved. That is why our experienced team has put together a Termination of Employment eBook to help ensure all parties, employer and employee, are aware of their rights and obligations during this process.
Please click here to access our Termination of Employment eBook.
Employment Lawyer Sydney
We advise on a wide range of employment law matters to a diverse Sydney client base. Our experienced team are proud to use our decades of experience to assist both employers and employees in Sydney receive quality legal advice. Talk to an employment lawyer Sydney based today by either calling us on (02) 4929 7002, or by emailing us at email@example.com to enquire.
COVID-19 Employment Law Changes
With government issued restrictions reducing trade and forcing businesses to shut their doors, it is essential employers are aware of the current employment law framework. Employers should be aware of the legal protections available to employees when it comes to standing down, dismissing and making redundant employees.
Along with this, there have also been a number of changes made to the Fair Work Act with new provisions enabling employers to make a number of directions including the ability to temporarily stand down employees, unilaterally change employee duties and location of work and make changes to workdays or employee annual leave. These changes have been made in conjunction with the JobKeeper scheme for eligible employees.
In times like these, it is important employers have access to dependable legal advice to assist employers in fulfilling these employee obligations. Our expert team are able to help employers navigate these challenging times through:
- Advise on the legality of stand downs, dismissals and redundancies
- Advise on the eligibility of employees for the JobKeeper scheme
- Assist in adjusting to the new JobKeeper provisions
- Act in disputes in relation with JobKeeper provisions under the Fair Work Act
“We needed a new standard contract for our employees that complied with the relevant award conditions. We wanted a document that was short and easy to understand. Butlers drafted a standard agreement that we could use for our employees and advised on what we needed to do to comply with awards and employment legislation. The team took a practical approach and guided us through this complex area of law.”
- Changes to the Fair Work Act to accomodate JobKeeper
- The JobKeeper Payment Scheme
- Standing Down Employees
- Can an employee be terminated for requesting annual leave?
- Rights and Duties of Employers and Employees when Returning from Parental Leave
- Is an employee stealing confidential information from your business?
- Banning Tattoos in the Workplace – Girl with the Anchor Tattoo
- Sunday penalty rates cut for retail, hospitality, pharmacy and fast food workers
- What is a reasonable restraint of trade clause?
- Can an employee be fired for a single instance of misconduct?
- Fair Work terminates Domino’s Pizza Enterprise Agreements
- Employers’ Obligations to Workplace Wellbeing: Christmas Edition
- Weinstein puts sexual harassment in the spotlight – Is your business protected?
- Can you dismiss an employee for intoxication?