Best Restaurants in Newcastle for Dinner
Whether you want to impress new clients or treat your team to a night out, here are some of the top restaurants in Newcastle that won’t disappoint.
If you appreciate meat, the Brazilian BBQ-style restaurant MEET is what you’re looking for. For only $49 you get unlimited service of flavoured Brazilian cuts of meat as well as smoked briskets and pork ribs; all carved at your table. No doubt the restaurant has a great atmosphere. You better head in hungry because the food just keeps coming!
- Address: SUITE 1, 2 HONEYSUCKLE DR. NEWCASTLE 2300
- Hours: Wednesday – Friday, 5pm till late. Saturday – Sunday, 12pm till late
- Phone: 02 4929 26762.
Looking for something a little fancy for your Friday night? Subo is a contemporary bistro on Newcastle’s Hunter Street. It has a casual atmosphere where you can enjoy a memorable dining experience. What do they serve? They now exclusively serve a five-course menu that changes approximately every six weeks. This can be viewed on their website (www.subo.com). Matching a fantastic five-course meal is their unforgettable wine list. Approximate price for two, including drinks, is $270.
- Address: 551D Hunter St, Newcastle West NSW 2302
- Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, from 6pm.
- Phone: (02) 4023 4048
Feeling flirty and fun? Grab your sombrero and visit Casa De Loco where the owners have brought Mexican summer fun to you. Sangria jugs will be flowing with the flavours of watermelon, mint, cinnamon and lemonade. Treat yourself to a taco or quesadilla. If you’re up to it, make sure you check out their remarkable collection of tequila; it’s all part of the fun!
- Address: 10 Pacific Street, Newcastle NSW 2300
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 6pm till 11pm. Friday – Saturday, 12pm till 12am.
- Phone: (02) 4929 6828
Rustica has an ambitious Mediterranean menu, from tapas to the main fare. They have a banquet option, which includes six well balanced and tasty courses, making ordering very easy for you. The wine list is complementary to the menu including some of the Hunter Valley’s best drops. Rustica’s rustic-chic décor is one to remember, with sea views and stone walls.
- Address: 2/1 King St, Newcastle NSW 2300
- Hours: Monday – Wednesday 5pm till 10pm. Thursday – Saturday, 12 till 11pm. Sunday, 12 till 3:30pm.
- Phone: (02) 4929 3333
Restaurant Mason is the definition of modern Australian fine dining. Enjoy good company and even better food in a relaxed, stylish space with large windows and gilt mirrors. After opening in 2011, Restaurant Mason received its first Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide award and one chef’s hat, in its first year. Since then it has gone from strength to strength maintaining its one chef’s hat for four consecutive years, making it a dining experience you wouldn’t want to miss out on!
- Address: 3/35 Hunter St, Newcastle NSW 2300
- Hours: Thursday – Saturday, 12pm till 3pm. Tuesday – Saturday, 6pm till late.
- Phone: (02) 4926 1014