Best Cafes in Newcastle for Work Lunches
Want to grab a quick working lunch on the go? These cafes in Newcastle serve the best quick eat-in meals and takeaway food.
1. Feeling like something healthy? Natural Tucker is located on Darby Street and has the most delicious vegetarian burgers and wraps in Newcastle starting from $9.00. This small hidden secret goes unnoticed by those who have never stepped inside. Once you have filled your belly with the Malaysian wrap with ginger-sesame rice balls and tahini and chilli sauce you will be sure to return to the friendly and relaxed lunch spot.
Address: 108 Darby St, Cooks Hill NSW 2300
Phone: (02) 4929 1229
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am–6pm, Saturday 8.30 am – 4pm, Sunday 11am – 4pm.
2. Blue Door Café is located in the heart of Newcastle on Hunter Street. It has health-conscious meals made from thoughtfully sourced ingredients. Blue Door Café is a one-stop shop. If you’re looking for something on the go that isn’t expensive Blue Door has pre-made takeaway options. Or if you’re looking for somewhere to have a business lunch with extraordinarily tasty food, Blue Door is also for you. Coffee is excellent and there is a huge range of healthy sweets to get you through the afternoon grind. Price range is from $9.00 – $24.00.
Address: 363/365 Hunter St, Newcastle NSW 2300
Phone: (02) 4929 4988
Hours: Monday – Sunday 7am–3pm
3. Enjoy some fresh produce from Bolton Street Pantry. This little lunch spot is nothing but local and you won’t find anything here that is frozen or deep-fried. At Bolton Street Pantry you will find simplicity with a fiery twist. Appreciate a mouth-watering 12-hour lamb shoulder, or wrap your lips around a roast chicken baguette. Price range is from $8.00 – $23.00.
Address: 45 Bolton Street, Newcastle
Phone: (02) 4048 1344
Hours: Monday – Friday 6.30am – 3pm. Saturday – Sunday 7.30am – 3pm.
4. Sticky Rice Thai is located 200 metres from Newcastle and Nobby’s Beach. Sticky Rice gives you the option to enjoy a mouth-watering authentic Thai dish eat-in or takeaway, and you have the option to pre-order. Sticky Rice is very affordable starting from $9.00 a dish.
Address: Cnr Scott St & Zaara St, Newcastle East NSW 2300
Phone: (02) 4927 0200
Hours: Monday – Sunday 11am–2pm, 5–10pm.
5. Parry Street Garage is a must see and a brilliant spot for a business lunch. This spacious restaurant has enough room for everyone but instils a warm and cosy vibe with its indoor fireplace. This casual Italian restaurant is affordable and approachable. You can share some delicious wood fired pizzas among your group or settle for tasty pasta. If you don’t feel like dining in, that’s okay because they have a takeaway option too. Price range is from $8.50 – $26.50.
Address: 106 Parry St, Newcastle West NSW 2302
Phone: (02) 4929 1380
Hours: Monday – Sunday 12pm–12am